Thanks to Mike Firestone in Senator Shaheen’s office for passing on the information about new community facilities loans and grants available through USDA Rural Development. If anyone is interested in taking advantage, Mike would like to know, so that he and his staff could be helpful. Mike can be reached at: 202-224-6299 (office) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
APPLICATIONS ARE BEING ACCEPTED FOR USDA RURAL DEVELOPMENT COMMUNITY FACILITIES LOANS & GRANTS
Now is a great time to finance the capital project you have been planning! There is an unprecedented amount of available funds. We may not see this amount of $$$ again for years!
Apply now, don’t miss out!
- COMMUNITY FACILITIES GRANTS UPDATE
• To take advantage of unusual funding opportunities, we are not setting an application deadline for grants in 2010.
• We are encouraging all projects with defined budgets and matching funds to apply as soon as possible.
• Community Facilities Loans can be the match and we strongly encourage loan/grant combination applications.
• While the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) funds are still available, we anticipate they will be committed early in 2010. Apply soon! First come, first served.
• Maximum ARRA grant is $100,000; maximum regular program grant is $50,000.
- COMMUNITY FACILITIES LOANS UPDATE
• Loan funding is plentiful and we anticipate that it will remain so throughout the year.
• Interest rates remain low – 4.25% through December 31, 2009.
- AREA OFFICE CONTACTS
• Belknap, Sullivan, Cheshire, Hillsborough, Rockingham Strafford, Merrimack Counties:
Karen Demers at 603-223-6045 or Karen.Demers@nh.usda.gov
• Carroll, Coos, Grafton Counties: Anne Getchell at 603-447-3318 Ext. 5 or Anne.Getchell@nh.usda.gov
DETAILED PROGRAM INFORMATION http://www.rurdev.usda.gov/rhs/cf/cp.htm