The New Hampshire Innovation Research Center (NHIRC) is seeking proposals for its Granite State Technology Innovation Grant, which supports research partnerships for New Hampshire companies with college and university laboratories.
The grants support research projects in new technologies under development in the private sector. It is a competitive process, with oversight by representatives from industry, government and academic institutions. Projects vary from proof-of-concept to a substantial investment in engineering or process design. Companies are required to provide matching funds or services.
A nonbinding letter of intent on company letterhead is due September 20, 2010. The Request for Proposals, with topics of interest and instructions, is posted on the NHIRC website, www.nhirc.unh.edu.
Past recipients include:
• Celdara Medical, LLC in Lebanon, with Charles Sentman, associate professor, microbiology & immunology, Dartmouth College
• Velcro Group in Manchester, with Glen Miller, professor, chemistry, UNH
• Itaconix LLC in Hampton Falls, with Yvon Durant, associate research professor, materials science, UNH
• Presstek, Inc. in Hudson, with John Tsavalas, research assistant professor, and Donald Sundberg, emeritus professor, materials science, UNH
• Roy Matheson and Associates in Keene, with John Lacourse, professor, electrical & computer engineering, UNH
• ImmuRx, Inc. in Lebanon, with Mary Jo Turk, assistant professor, microbiology & immunology, Dartmouth College
The NHIRC is administered by the Office for Research Partnerships and Commercialization at the University of New Hampshire.